My critical friends will be my friends, former colleagues, my team Google Groupies and the Assistant Rector at my church. These wonderful people will keep me on track with what needs to be accomplished, help fine tune the voice and research I am conducting, making it easier to follow and provide feedback as needed in direction, accountability and suggestions should I run into some unforeseen difficulties.
My initial Inquiry Questions are:
- By utilizing online collaborative and brainstorming software, would members of the youth group become more active and involved in the group, invite others and therefore accomplish more things?
- With the use of a project management tool, such as Asana would, communication increase and tasks be accomplished by the individuals (youth and parents) who signed up for them by deadline?
- Through the use of technology (software, social networking, daily/weekly email, text messages, polling and conferencing) would communication be better effected throughout the youth group, it participants, parents and stakeholders to set about accomplishing goals and tasks?
In reviewing the timeline below, taking into account FSU Winter Break, the implementation of the Cycle 1 would begin no later than December 6th depending on the Youth Group calendar schedule.
*The 12 month calendar based on Action Research Project
- I am currently unemployed and therefore my time is open to meeting and communicating with the group, however should I become employed and dependant on the hours given, my availability may not match with theirs.
- The Youth group meets on Wednesday evenings but participants are also inclined to be in Sunday School, in which I would interact with them there.
- With children and parents leading busy lives, having the membership stay consistent will be a hurdle.
- During holiday breaks, the school system here in Lee County, FL begins their break with half days December 18-20. Full Winter Break is from 12/23/12 – 1/4/13. Different participants and parents may be away, and youth group may take a break during the holidays.
- Some of the events planned with the youth group may outrun the Action Research and conclusion on project(s) completion goals may be unavailable for publishing.